View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #45
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
It is debatable whether Scherff was a good pick and certainly hasn't lived up to where he was drafted (which is not his fault) But a Nick Bosa or Von Miller type edge rusher can define a defence...... or an elite LT that the QB has faith will keep his blindside clean can help the offence go.

After watching the first half Sunday a centre who can snap the ball higher than 6 inches would very useful aswell
I judge the Scherff pick against what Leonard Williams has done. I would rather have Scherff. However, I never want to draft an interior O lineman in the top 10 ever again.
-------------------
The first round of the 2017 NFL Draft will start on Thursday. The Cleveland Browns are on the clock. Every team is hoping to draft a Pro Bowler but which picks perform the best in the NFL Draft?

To answer this question we looked at every draft since 2000 and tallied the number of Pro Bowlers and 1st Team All-Pro selections by round using Pro-Football Reference.

As you would expect 1st Round draft picks have generated the most Pro Bowlers. Since 2000, there have been 540 1st Round picks, 212 of them have been invited to the Pro Bowl. The Browns have two picks in the first round; some might consider it a win if Cleveland can get two starters, let alone a Pro Bowler.

The 2nd Round has produced a lot of great players in the last decade: Drew Brees, LeSean McCoy, Rob Gronkowski and LeVeon Bell just to name a few. Yet, compared to the 1st Round there is a clear drop off in talent. Out of 539 players only 90 have managed to reach a Pro Bowl and even fewer have been honored as 1st Team All-Pros.

The overall success of players continues to decline as one moves down the draft. Just 44 players have been selected to a Pro Bowl that were drafted in the 3rd Round.
https://www.betlabssports.com/blog/p...est-nfl-draft/

And if you look at the top 15 picks of the first round vs 16-32 .... you are much more likely to land an elite player picking in the top 5 or 10 (obviously).

I do not want us trading out of the top 10 ... this team hasnt proven it can find quality 2nd or 3rd rounders and its harder to screw up a top 5 or top 10 pick.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.13222 seconds with 10 queries