View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #428
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
NFP Sunday Blitz | National Football Post

Dan Pompei's anonymous GM is no more or less fictional then Narwocki's.

You can't have it both ways.
No, because other draft analysts have heard the same comments about him from people they've talked to. They just didn't put it in the write up verbatim like Nolan did. Even McShay acknowledged he heard some of the same stuff in the podcast I posted. I suggest you listen to it. McShay says he has heard everything that Nolan has heard and worse.

ESPN Radio

Who else heard this GM make this claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
You really hate Cam Newton. All your posts on this thread are so angry and bitter. You need to get out and enjoy the spring weather. Cam Newton will not be a Redskin.
I don't hate Cam one bit and neither am I bitter about anything. I think he's a highly talented athlete with all the skills you could dream of having in a QB. That said, I don't think he has the attitude, intelligence, work ethic or leadership to be a franchise QB. I think he's a 4th round talent in overall QB ability, but because of the premium that the league puts on QBs, some team will draft him in the first round. I get more annoyed with fans that just want to ignore the red flags and think he'll miraculously start being some film room/gym rat who'll somehow garner the type of work ethic that Peyton Manning has since he was in Tennessee.

I apologize if I'm hating on your man crush, but I've been specific about my points and backed it up with other reports. Don't mistake being critical for hating the guy or bitter about him. I still think whoever drafts him in the first round expecting him to start right away is going to be set back 3-4 years. If they allow him to sit for 1-2 years, then it might be a different situation.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04348 seconds with 10 queries