View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #67
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let's rewind to a more optimistic time in Warpath history.

'Twas late April, early May, just after the draft had finished.

A simple poll was conducted to see whether the fanbase approved of drafting Haskins 15th overall.

The results? 57 gave it a thumbs up, 11 a thumbs down.

For secondary analysis, let's check out the post-draft grade thread. A dominating 72% gave this FO an "A" grade for the draft.

Now fast forward 7 games into the season. Surrounded by a garbage squad led by an offensive line coach who wants to eliminate the forward pass, the main question seems to be why isn't he starting yet? Personal opinion here, but it seems all I see is "Is Haskins a bust? Why isn't he starting by now? All the other rookie qb's are starting. Gardner Minshew! There are no negatives to throwing a rookie on the field before he's ready. Peyton Manning! We need to know if he's a bust right now, so we can move on after his rookie year and he can become Josh Rosen 2.0. Is there some sort of sinister plot to keep him out so we tank this year? The year is wasted anyways, might as well get him some game experience."

I'm looking forward to this fanbase turning on Haskins when he eventually does start this season, and does nothing to bring optimism to this fanbase.
This! I cannot believe how some people are already considering Haskins as a bust. When a ship is sinking, everything around the ship tend to look bad even if it actually isn't.. I will reserve my judgments and wait until Haskins start playing few games.

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.07755 seconds with 10 queries