Thread: Colts PG
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 12:13 PM   #35
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Colts PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You say things like "get something for him" about Gibson and "I'd get what I can for him" about Payne, as if taking less than their value to us is OK. It's not OK with me. Gibson hasn't even reached his full potential yet. Payne is a stud. What about next season? We might be able to make a run next season but we won't if we keep tossing away our stars before we have enough player development, draft classes and FA additions to fill all of the holes. We need to go for it sometime. So, I'm on the other side of the fence from you on this particular issue. I think Gibson needs to stay here and continue to be a touchdown machine and, if necessary, Payne needs to be tagged - but only once. We'll have more cap room next season because Wentz will be gone.
I said I'd keep Gibson but Turner isn't using him. I'd prefer if we kept him and used him but lets be honest if we continue not using him he will leave. With Payne if we already have Allen I don't necessarily view Payne as redundant but I think with the drafting of Mathis they are looking for variety of technique on the line. If we can get draft capital for him and them use that money to improve LB position I'd be okay with it.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04254 seconds with 10 queries