View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Dustin Hopkins Sucks Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The 1st INT: They were in FG range, but if Wright doesn't tip that pass, I think Sims either catches it at the 5 yard line, or it's incomplete. That was just unfortunate. Not a bad throw on the run in my opinion.

The 2nd INT: They were not in FG range, unless you think Hopkins is good for a 61 yard FG (nope). He read the CB wrong. He thought Reed was going to stay with McLaurin, but he broke it off and came up to make the INT. I think if he could take it back, he pumps to Sims and hits McLaurin in the end zone for an easy TD; or he just hits Barber in the flat for 5-6 yards.

Neither of those INTs were into triple coverage...

Live and learn. I'm glad he is trying to push the ball down the field. The offense looked better today with Haskins at QB. Out of 10 possessions, six drives were at least 8 plays, five of those going for more than 40 yards. Against the 49ers they had 13 possessions - only TWO drives with at least 8 plays, and only ONE drive of more than 40 yards.

The INTs hurt, but even with those, if Hopkins makes that extra point it's a different game.
Chief I disagree on the first INT, it was deep into territory with two defenders, and it never should've been thrown. It's what happens when you get frustrated and you try to make a play because you're not willing to take what the defense gives you.

The other beef that I have with Haskins is his progressions, it looks like he only scans half the field on some plays before he dumps it. There was a play in particular where Haskins had a guy running open down the seam but he never even looked in his direction before checking down. Is he being coached to only scan half the field to get the ball out quicker?

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05860 seconds with 10 queries