View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #113
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Ive read this from several people but what AP comments are we talking about?

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo's reporting that AP said Haskins doesnt know the playbook have been dismissed as not true by AP.

----
“After the game, I am told that he mentioned to Dwayne Haskins, ‘Get your nose in the playbook and learn these plays. Everyone thinks you don’t know them. You’re proving them right. It is time to study the playbook. Know these things inside, outside, frontwards, backwards, and everything you can,’” Garofolo said. “If Adrian Peterson is telling you this, Dwayne Haskins, it’s time man. It’s time.”

There are a couple of people who are disputing Garofolo’s report, and they are pretty familiar with the story. That story reached both Peterson and Haskins on Twitter, and both players denied that Peterson said those things to Haskins. Peterson requested that Garofolo not report any words that the running back doesn’t say himself and reaffirmed his believe in Haskins.

https://247sports.com/Article/Dwayne...ort-137611307/
Let's break down what AP actually said:

“If you didn’t hear something direct from me, please don’t attribute it to me,”

That's not a denial. AP did not dispute that the conversation happened. The fact that he didn't deny it would indicate that the conversation DID in fact happen and that AP DID say what Garafolo reported him as saying.

“I believe in Dwayne and his potential. With more time, support & commitment, he can grown like any other rookie player.”

According to Peterson, Haskins needs time, support, and COMMITTMENT to reach that potential. The very fact that he's saying this confirms that Haskins has not been showing the commitment he needs to show. And the fact that he says he can grow "just like any other rookie player" is such non-statement.

The whole thing is damning with faint praise. AP is a leader and a winner. The fact that he even had to have this conversation with Haskins is incredibly troubling.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.25490 seconds with 10 queries