Thread: RAMS Postgame
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 07:31 AM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If Ron gonna bench Haskins for play, Collins should be bench starting today.
We have more problems on this D than just Collins. They were getting gashed from all angles today in the first half when most of the damage was done.

And the stat line on offense doesn't exactly match up with what we saw on the field. It was pouring rain in the second half, to the point completed passes were rare. The Rams had two completed passes on their lone TD drive in the second half. Also their d-line was ragdolling our o-line the entire second half, Smith never had much time to throw.

It wasn't ideal conditions for a qb coming off a 2 year hiatus to come back to. Hence why I'm not gonna throw Smith under the bus. Still if he does come back in, I think it would take him some time to get comfortable enough to be aggressive again. And unless he regains his form this year, my guess is he'll be gone next year when we can handle the cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN gamecast
2nd half drives:
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams field goal
WAS punt
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams downs
WAS downs
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams touchdown
WAS punt
Rams punt
WAS punt
End of game
The announcers mentioned Jack Del Rio's gameplan was to force Goff into drop-back passes where our d-line could get pressure, but O'Connell/McVay obviously gameplanned better to avoid that. Easy to get the ball out quick when the coverage isn't tight. I also saw several plays where we got gashed because our defenders stuck to zone coverage and let guys run free when they should've switched to man during the play.

TL;DR: We're still a long ways away from being an elite D.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05769 seconds with 10 queries