Thread: RAMS Postgame
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #56
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: RAMS Postgame

Positives:

KPL Kevin Pierre Louis - is an above average coverage LB, something we havent had in a while

Fuller - he seems to be a legit starting corner in this league. Hes not a shutdown CB1 but hes a game CB2.

Moreland - nose/instinct for the ball and a willingness to engage physically. Reminds me of a poor mans Smoot.

Allen - didnt notice watching the game but he had 8 tackles, 5 solo

Ronald fucking Darby - playing above his 1 yr/4M signing. Dont necessarily feel comfortable signing him to a big deal and making him a permanent CB2 but hes been game and has earned his contract so far. Next year if we can add a CB1, Id really like that CB1 plus Fuller, Moreland, Darby.

Injuries -- none

Collins/Apke - at least we know who they are. Of course Collins is overpaid but I think we are married to him for 2021 as well. Best bet is to hope his play improves, hes not this bad (but hes not a top 20 safety either).

Sweat - could very well be our teams MVP so far. Having 2 athletic long frame players setting the edge is a foundation of a successful team. Yes, teams can quick pitch around the pressure but Young/Sweat = problems for years to come.

Special teams - not a lot of return opportunities in todays NFL but I dont think weve given up a special teams TD yet. Coverage has been good.

Next years FA class is loaded - talk in Baltimore is that they might not be able to sign allpro LT Ronnie Stanley, packers LT Bakhtiari .... a bunch of top end WRs as well. This team has been spending under the cap for (I assume) when they feel close, with this DL unit I think we need to go all in for 2021 to 2023. Spend dat money.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.09138 seconds with 10 queries