View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #74
#56fanatic
The Starter

Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

I find it crazy that this organization screwed up the chance to have a franchise QB that is hasn't had in 30 years. And to say Cousins was the issue is wearing burgundy and gold shades. The guy never complained, played under the tag two years, never questioned the front office openly, never questioned anything. They had a chance to put this guy under contract and sorry ass Bruce wanted to see more. So he put up big #'s again, but yet again it wasn't good enough - wanted to see more. Scott and Jay both wanted to wrap him up 3 years ago and to be honest, I'd trust anything Scott and Jay say regarding football talent over bruce 100 times out of 100. Then they offer him a crap contract and publicly go out to make Kirk (kurt) to be the bad guy by not accepting the deal. All the while all the NFL guys were saying to us on the outside it was a lot of money. But those in the NFL said it was an absolutely horrible contract, with actual less money in year 2 than one and less money than the transition tag money.

And this year was supposed to be his DOWN year. I truly believe that Bruce tried to field subpar talent at the skill WR position to ultimately use that again Kirk in negotiating his contract. hoping his #'s would be way down than the previous two, saying he doesn't deserve top dollar. but that ultimately failed - BIG TIME. This year - with the talentless WR position, the lack of a running game (again) and the constant shuffling of the Oline - kirk went out and played his best season (in my opinion).

who would want to sign a long term contract with an organization that hasn't believed in your since you went under center. an organization that stands in front of the public and tries to smear you as a person or only out for the money, an organization that takes 2 1000 yard receivers away from an offense in hopes of you putting up less than average numbers to use that against you in negotiations. Who was never satisfied with what you did on the field.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06015 seconds with 10 queries