Thread: Draft grades
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #41
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Draft grades

I give the draft a B- because I think we wasted the 3rd round pick on a guy that will add no value to the team in the first 2-3 years.

Payne is going to be a very good player but I think James and Edmunds have much higher upsides and play positions of need for us. I would've preferred to go with a skill position at 13.

Trading down and getting Guice was an "A" move. Great value pick at a position of need. The kid worries me a bit but hopefully he can figure things out and dominate for us.

I don't get the 3rd round pick. This team needs to draft starters and you should be able to find a guy to help out at Guard, ILB, or TE in this spot.
This could've been a day 1 starter if things worked out. We don't have time to experiment with guys at guard, we needed to draft one even if it's a reach.

I like the Apke and Stroman picks, they can make special teams better right away. Apke has elite athleticism, hopefully he is a bit crazy and willing to make special teams coverage his thing.
Stroman returned kicks at Virginia. He should be able to takeover Crowders return duties.

I change my grade to a solid B.
They have two starters and two special teams players that will contribute week 1.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.30754 seconds with 10 queries