Old 01-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #2
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Alex Smith to miss 2019 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Per Multiple sources.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

No surprise here, that was a gruesome injury. I wonder why he just doesn't hang it up? In 2020 he'll be what? 37?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He would be 36 years old when the season starts in 2020. We don't really know where he is at mentally right now, for all we know he may know that his injury is career ending and it hasn't been announced yet.

If that isn't known yet, then having an athlete's mentality he is most likely hoping that he makes it all the way back in 2020 and is able to play again, whether it is here, or somewhere else. The coming months should tell us plenty. I wonder truly how committed the skins are to Alex, and will they be willing to wait a whole year and just use a stop gap QB to keep the seat warm until Alex can come back, or if at some point this year they make the decision to move on, draft a QB of the future while they get the Alex situation sorted.

As far as Alex Smith goes, if he can pass a physical, i'm sure there will be a handful of teams interested in him as a backup / spot starter / stop gap QB. He will be 37 in 2021, not freakishly old for a QB these days when you see guys like Brees and Brady still slinging it in their 40's.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03874 seconds with 10 queries