View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #46
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Drafting a QB is short sighted? I think it’s quite the opposite considering it may be someone who won’t even play next year.

Short sighted was not having a developmental QB already on the roster this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you really think allowing Gruden to spend a first round pick on HIS QB when Gruden will not be the head coach in 2020 makes sense? The guy we hire in 2020 likely will run a completely different offense and Gruden's QB might not fit well in his system. If Gruden wants to spend a mid to late round pick on a developmental QB, ok. But not an early pick. Those picks are too valuable.

It is in the best LONG-TERM interests of the team to use our early 2019 picks and most of our free agent money on players that can thrive in multiple systems. I am just as averse to not using our 2019 1st rounder on a guy who can ONLY play OLB in a 3-4 as I am not using it on a QB, for example.

Trying to make a "splash" in 2019 by spending a 1st rounder on a QB might drum up a little fan excitement, but its not in the best long-term interests of the team. That future doesn't start until 2020.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.15538 seconds with 10 queries