View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 10:34 PM   #56
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Also, the rookies in a big trade-down would be good and certainly better then what’s there now. A couple of these rookies will be very good and maybe one or two might even be excellent or outstanding (like 2019’s McLaurin and Dunbar). So in the scenario with a Ditka-type trade where you get 5-6 EXTRA draft picks this season AND if Kyle Smith has another outstanding draft, then you’re filling almost all the holes with quality players AND building depth.

Having real depth is something the Redskins haven’t EVER had in the Snyder era. Having a team with young players means less injuries. Filling holes and getting depth with rookies continues to change this team from old, tired, under-performing and often hurt FA to the exact opposite type of team!

Snyder tried for 2 decades to buy a winning team with FA. Never worked. If RR took a BIG trade-down and we got lots of extra picks and added 4-6 STARTERS, then this would take the pressure off trying to fill holes with FA. By not having to fill so many holes with FA, then you can spend more per FA hired. For instance, we might be able afford a top $$ FA at TE - Henry or Hooper. Wouldn’t it be exciting to be able to buy an expensive and talented burner like Amari Cooper to work alongside McLaurin? Be able to afford Scherff AND Trent Williams?

I’d love to see Chase Young working opposite Sweat, along with Allen, Payne and Ionnidas. That combo might be the best EDGE’s the Redskins have ever seen - maybe even better then Mann and Manley!

But if we were offered a King’s Ransom, it could change the team quickly and thoroughly , THIS SEASON. If it’s good enough, the team has to consider it, no matter how much we want Chase Young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to stop there cuz bolding shit on the phone is a pain .... Dunbar wasnt a rookie this year lol, we are very likely NOT to get 5-6 extra picks this year for our #2 ... And younger doesn't mean less injured, see: guice, reed and well ... All the other history throughout the league ..

Agree we are not going to build a winner via FA, 20 near years of that never worked...

W.ever happens happens. But the fact is no one can know until it does. See my above post and ask yourself, does Denver still win that super bowl if they take the "Kings ransom" ?

Food for thought.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.26107 seconds with 10 queries