View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #60
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I think if you have to look at the Walker and Williams mega trades and realise that a GM who tried that now would be out of the door pretty soon. Neither player was a bust, but in comparison the picks given up to get them largely benefited the teams that got them far more than losing those 2 players. Realistically you'd have to be pretty daft to even propose a trade like that in the modern NFL.

Besides, after last year its pretty clear that the Dolphins management don't have any issue with giving up players for picks if they feel the balance is in their favour. I just can't see them reversing course 100% like that knowing that they will almost certainly get the QB they want at #5 anyway. Detroit might go for Tua, and have spent weeks bluffing that Stafford is their man, but I just don't see it. And the Giants are not moving on from Danny Dimes after 1 season.
Those points are all fine and well but it's not just Miami that will threaten swooping in here and that's something they will have to consider as well. And you know damn well the Redskins will do their best to make it seem like there is a SHIT TON of interest in that #2 spot. And there rightfully might be. I would even keep an eye on New England trying to fleece us like they do everyone. But there are plenty of teams that most likely covet the QB that Miami wants, or at least the draft position in which he's likely to go.... so it's not just a done deal at #5
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07240 seconds with 10 queries