View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 07:54 PM   #75
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Charges against Reuben Foster dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
This is one of the points Cooley made, saying he thinks RK in particular is way more efficient when playing one gap than 2. We play base defense 30 to 40% of snaps but that is still a fair share of snaps, so I don't think it is that un-significant.
Kerrigan typically plays 1 gap in the current scheme but he is way better with his hand in the dirt getting upfield as his first assignment.

He isnt good when he is forced to make a lot of decisions or reads quickly.

He literally can't cover any regular eligible receiver on any current nfl roster, so why put him in that position.

The 2 gap misuse of talent is really Allen, Payne and Ioannidas (the 3 down lineman). Even Settle is pretty fast twitch and can get up field. All of them can take a guard or center and put them in the qb's lap. Release the hounds and let them ball.

The misuse of Kerrigan and Smith's talent is not having them getting up field as their first assignment and playing run on the way to the qb.

They do rush frequently in base 3-4 but usually standing up. And every time either drops into coverage a cute baby animal surely dies.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.18324 seconds with 10 queries