View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #52
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Re: Battle of the bad GM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Who the hell cares about character. Bill Belichick is a complete asshole, yet he's a hall of fame coach.

Again, I don't want people to think I'm defending Allen, he's shit and has done terrible things. But I hear people say "I give Vinny a pass" or "things weren't that bad" and I'm like, really? Do you truly remember the complete and utter shit show the team was during his tenure?
Being a complete asshole doesn't mean he lacks character. From what I've heard through the years Bill Belichick is tough but fair, demanding but within the confines of the skills each player brings to the organization etc. He has been willing to accept the blame when things go wrong. He's an asshole but he's an asshole for the right reasons ultimately. I'll take that any day over a scumbag who couldn't care less about the success of the organization so long as it feeds his ego and his pockets. That Dan Snyder can't see through that is a damning statement on his ability to lead and his desire to see the Washington Redskins become a top tier organization again.

I can only hope that Fred Smith is starting to get tired of this shit show and walks into Snyders office with the $800 million or so that it would take to buy the 25% or so he would need to move into the majority owner suite and send Danny home to enjoy being a minority owner of one of the best franchises to ever grace the NFL.
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.19486 seconds with 10 queries