View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:15 PM   #14
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Redskins Promote Kevin O'Connell To Offensive Coordinator; Matt Cavanaugh Moves To Senior Offensive Assistant

There was a discussion on twitter earlier that I agree with 100% and I"m going to extrapolate from what Cooley said a month or two ago before he was muzzled.

One of the most important consequences of this move may be a better meshing of the pass game with the run game.

Cooley blasted the offense on his podcast in the not so distant past because the running plays don't look anything like the passing plays so it is just stupid to try to run a play action offense off such disjointedness.

Callahan was the run game coordinator, and OC was the pass game coordinator.

The conversation on twitter (from folks I didn't recognize and don't really feel comfortable linking, I don't know if they have any cred, but I agree with them) was that OC as the offensive boss now will have the final call on the game plan and simplify the running game.

Cooley been a constant critic of how many different blocking schemes they use in the run game, and has suggest doing fewer well than many bad.

I'm really curious if he has any type of relationship with OC.

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.50838 seconds with 10 queries