View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #67
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Case Keenum to the Skins

A bit surprised i'm the only person who loves this move.

- After last season, we know we need to carry 3 active QBs in the season and currently we only have colt.
- We didn't give up anything of consequence for Keenum
- His 3.5MM cap his is honestly CHEAP for a veteran of his ability. For comparison, Bridgewater, another veteran many have suggested could have come her, made 6M to be a backup last year. Keenum is comparable, if not better than Bridgewater
- He is very Colt-esque in ability in playing style, so in the scenario one is the starter and the other is the backup, there would not be much drop-off in talent.
- IF the season goes south, we're likely cleaning house. we have no commitment in 2020 to Colt or Keenum. So its not like we are saddling the 2020 coach with Keenum's contract
- IF the season goes well, and Keenum is part of that, it means he's played well and we are in good position to retain him
- Keenum doesn't negatively impact our ability to trade for rosen or draft a QB early this year.
- His being on the roster means we don't need to feel pressured to trade more than we want for rosen or draft a QB higher than we need to. In the worst case scenario in which we aren't able to do either, we have two comparable and capable, if not exciting, starters. If we haven't made big moves for another QB, then it means we've used that draft capital and salary cap space to build a solid team around them.

Any way i look at it, Keenum is an all around WIN for this team and i LOVE the move. So for those who voted differently in the poll, please tell me what i'm missing.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06302 seconds with 10 queries