View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #48
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah it was the Browns' 2nd. And earlier in the season the Pats' 1st by JP Finflay and Kevin Sheehan.

Now TW is clearly middle fingering the FO, using the medical issue he hates them for as an excuse to not play for this team.

I can understand hating on TW because of all the drama, but I'm more mad at the FO for the way they mishandled it.

The patriots never offered a first. Immediately after that report came out, several sources debunked it as bullshit. Sheehan and Finley have both since reported this and suggested that the offer of a first was likely a false report leaked by the the Skins to drive up a trade market. It didn’t work.

The only teams legitimately interested in Trent were the browns and it’s not been confirmed that they actually offered a second. This also could have been the skins leaking something - again to drive up a trade market.

The truth is, no one was ever going to give up a lot of compensation for a 31 year old, injury prone left tackle, with a history of missing 4 games per year to either injury or suspension. Speaking of which, Trent is also one joint away from being suspended for an entire year. And on top of all of that, this is a player who was just 3 years ago made the highest paid left tackle in the league, received a heavily front -loaded contract, who then tried to force his way out of town with two years remaining on his deal.... and who would almost certainly demand a new contract with his new team or hold out again.

If Trent were on another team, would you want the skins to trade for a player with all THAT baggage?

I sure as hell wouldn’t - and if you check browns fan sites, they are ecstatic this trade never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.76787 seconds with 10 queries