View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Midterm Election Game day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
No where did I say we don't hold those that commit crimes accountable. It is not about not penalizing criminals. We are failing as a society to provide food security, quality of life, proper education the list can go on. But sticking 13-17 year olds that lack executive functioning into prison is not the solution. That leads them on a pathway in which they will be unable to assume adult roles. Then we keep paying for this shit over and over.
Idk, I'm in a gray area on this. It's one thing if it's something simple like a weed charge, I mean at most that should just be a simple fine and move on. But violent crimes should def. be locked up imo, if you want to redefine criminal justice so offenders get rehabbed instead of spending decades behind bars I'm fine with that, but that would require an adjustment to the system as a whole. Aka more emphasis on rehab, and education, and less on "stick them in a box until they're done serving time." Until that happens, I'm fine with keeping violent offenders behind bars.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05387 seconds with 10 queries