Thread: What A Dumb A$$
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What A Dumb A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You can hate J. Bush all you want and excoriate those on the right as going fishing. Fine.

The bottom line, however, is that, for good reason, Clinton was expected - by law - to maintain a government email account and to communicate her State business through that account. She did not.

The legal requirement very obviously serves the beneficial public purpose of ensuring that the maintenance of official government correspondence is done by a third party, not the official whose correspondence may be subject to later scrutiny. Thus, the email can't be "sanitized" by the individual subject to scrutiny.

Instead, in this case, we must trust that Clinton will fully identify each and every relevant email (even if not ultimately produced) from her private email account rather than have a server that can been reviewed by a judge or other independent third party, to determine if all relevant electronic correspondence has been identified. While I don't ascribe to her the evil intent some do, I also do not trust Ms. Clinton's honesty and integrity any more than you do Mr. Bush's.

Further, had she simply complied with the law, this particular stink would not have even occurred. Right Wing Nut Job Request: "State Department we are making a FOIA request for Ms. Clinton's emails while serving as Secretary of State; particularly those relating to the Benghazi attack." State's Response: "Here you go, 4,000 emails. Based on national security, we had to redact their content, to whom they were sent, and when they were sent. Enjoy." Sure they could have filed a suit, but given the discretion granted on issues of national security, it likely would have been thrown out.

I don't give a damn about the actual content of the e-mails. I do care about the accountability and compliance with rule of law. Consistent with her approach to governance, however, neither of these issues appear to concern Ms. Clinton.

If by law then why did no one notice ?As was said before she violated no laws and I will say here I have no problem with J Bush he is not the moron his brother is .This email thing is nothing but a wild goose chase .

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08131 seconds with 10 queries