View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #27
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Okay. So here is my FF roster (QB, 2 RB, 2WR, Flex: RB/WR/TE, K, D, 5 bench slots):

QB: Brady, Brees
RB: AlfMo, G. Bernard, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis, L. Blount
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, J. Maclin, K. Wright
TE: T. Eifert
D: Arizona
K: A. Vinaterri.

My general theory is to get a good QB, load up on the best RB's and WR's I can, and play the match-ups for TE's, D's, & K's as they are unpredictable and, generally, outside of 1 or 2 exceptions (Gronk, Seattle for example), are interchangeable and streaming them as necessary is fine. Plus, as positions go, they vary markedly and unpredictably from season to season. I rarely draft or carry doubles on those positions.

My problems with the current roster are:

(1) I need to cut someone to stream a K, TE and D through the season. Not sure who I would chop as I see only Brady, Brown and Thomas (and Foster when he returns) as "must" starts.
(2) I don't see any real trade value here except the "must" starts and, for them, given their value to me, I don't see anyone giving me value for them or how trading any of them will improve my team - I just don't see how I can "win" any trade involving them; likely, it just makes the roster weaker.
(3) The rest of my team is flawed but not without value.
- Brees will be back but is really not an elite QB1 anymore. Although he will undoubtedly have one or two games later in the season where he puts up some elite points, he mostly likely will be barely average for the rest of the year (plus my need for him is pretty much gone after Week 4 and Brady's bye)
- My remaining RB's are true hit or miss and solidly in the RB 2/3 range: Morris's is losing value as we speak and may be relegated to the bench by the middle of the year ... unless he's not, who knows? Lewis/Blount are each good for points (league is ppr) but which to start when? Gio is a barely there RB3/Flex but, again, feel like I cut him and he is off waivers PDQ b/c he makes points.
- Wright looks like a solid WR3 flex guy from here on out, just makes me nervous in Tenn. He seems pretty boom or bust. Maclin looked like a steal before the season but then Alex Smith became Alex Smith again in the regular season and makes Maclin, like most of my team, a low to middling point producer who will rarely "Zero Out" and is likely to have an occasional, randomly unpredictable big game.

None of the guys who I would be willing to trade (Brees, Blount, Lewis, Bernard, Morris, Maclin, Wright) would likely get me anything better anywhere else (i.e. trading a RB to improve WR, TE, D).

So, I think I have to cut someone ... who do you cut and why.

[BTW, 3/4's of the league is on the Warpath ... so there you go folks, I laid it out for you. If you see a trade that helps us both - particularly if you are at the end of the waiver priority, I am open to it. I'm not an idiot (so, please no "here's my RB2 and bench guy for A. Brown" offers) but happy to make something happen if you can find a way to benefit both of us].

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.70991 seconds with 10 queries