View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #65
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: 2013 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike Making Changes

Rumor about the Jags. Apparently a military theme is in order?

Quote:
Source: Paul Lukas - UniWatch

Uni Watch

We’ve heard a lot lately about the upcoming unveilings for the Dolphins and Vikings (both of which will take place a week from today). But there hasn’t been much buzz about the Jaguars aside from the image you see above, which leaked four weeks ago.
Until now.
I’ve heard from a source who’s provided fairly detailed information (but no images) about the new Jags set. I have tried but failed to verify this information, so I can’t say for sure that it’s accurate. I will say, however, that this source has provided me with accurate information in the past — including accurate information about the Jaguars — so I tend to trust him.
Here’s a breakdown of what he told me:
1) The leaked image posted a month ago was indeed legit. It showed a replica of the black home jersey.
2) The Jags logo patch on the jersey is facing toward the left because the unis will have a military theme (collar devices and patches in the military face toward the heart).
3) Continuing with the military theme, the players’ last names will appear the front of the jersey under the patch, to mimic the look of a military uniform.
4) The sleeves will have a multi-colored design similar to the what the Falcons have, featuring black, gold, chrome, and teal. In the leaked image you can see the beginnings of some silver/chrome stripe patterns starting on the shoulder area.
5) The jersey will have side panels with some sort of design that will continue into the pants design.
6) The helmet shell will be two-tone — starting out gold and then fading into black.
7) The logo will be somewhat larger than normal for an NFL helmet — think Boise State’s Pro Combat helmet.
8) There will be an alternate teal jersey.
Well.
Again, I have not been able to verify any of this. So it may not be accurate. (All you Nike folks who are reading this, one of you be a pal and let me know, won’t you please?)
But if it is accurate, it certainly sounds like a total freaking nightmare on nearly every conceivable level.
The official unveiling is next Tuesday. But why wait until then? Let’s beat the rush and start hating it now.

So it looks like we're going to see all three of these new uniforms unveiled next week!

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.27782 seconds with 10 queries