View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #19
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Redskins - Eagles Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
My only refrain is fire gruden.

This team has talent but when your coach doesnt know how to call plays, get the team ready for big games, manage games, have a strength and conditioning regimen that protects players, win down the stretch, be creative in 2nd halfs, score on the first drive of the second half (said yesterday its been 24 games since we scored on our first possession in the 2nd half ). Then The coach has to go.

Its not front office, its jay effing gruden and the staff including d coordinater that he picked.
It is the front office as well as Jay Gruden. The front office hires the coaches. The front office makes the decisions not to re-sign Kirk Cousins. The front office makes the decisions to sign Ruben Foster. The front office makes the decision to give up a few first rounders for RGIII. The list goes on and on. I'm sorry, but Bruce Allen needs to be fired along with Jay Gruden, and sadly to say, Greg Manusky as well. Keep various position coaches like Jim Tomsula and let the new coach decide if he wants to keep those guys or not. But Bruce Allen has had 10 years to help build a contender, and the Redskins have played two post season games - and have lost both. They're terrible in prime time games. They go from 5-2 to 6-6, and play terrible at home. While injuries can be a freak thing, I start to wonder how can one team be bitten by the injury bug so severely and frequently? I can give a pass for one year of terrible injuries, but two years in a row riddled with season ending injuries? Strength and conditioning sucks.

Techniques suck. Look how bad the defensive tackling is. Watching the Vikings/Patriots game the other night, one big thing stood out to me that I don't see with our defense. The Patriots defensive guys were wrapping up the guys they were tackling. The solo tackles were successful, because they wrapped the guy up. The Redskins don't try to wrap the guy up when they tackle. They try to hit first, strip the ball, and the last resort is to wrestle the guy down after he's gained an additional 5 yards. It's pathetic. This team will be no better than 7-9 by the end of the season. It's time for everyone to go.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05829 seconds with 10 queries