View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #57
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: Postgame Falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Can someone explain this to me: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/GrudJa0.htm

Why has the Jay Gruden passing offense become so fucking aweful? As OC for Bengals, throw away the first 2 years while he became acclimated...the ranking of passing offense is really good: OC: 8th, 11, HC: 11, 2, 12,

Right now its a career worse: 24th in the league. Tell me what is wrong...He's never had great talent...probably avg talent at QB, WR, TE, and RB. Oline Protection has been decent overall this year.

What has happened to the Jay Gruden passing offense?

I think if you say well "we are running the ball better"...that's a red herring. The passing offense should only get better from a better running attack.
It HAS to be on Smith...right? Cousins had no better WRs last year and still moved the ball down the field much better than this. I can't imagine Gruden redesigned all his passing plays...so it's Smith. Either he just isn't comfortable enough in the offense to run it efficiently, or he simply doesn't trust the WRs and TEs to throw on time. How often is he throwing a receiver open? Whoever he throws to, is usually just waiting on the ball. It's rare for any of WRs to catch a ball in stride where they can get any yards after a catch.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04917 seconds with 10 queries