View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
People talk about the pussification of football with the rule changes, but damn the fans are just as guilty if not more with wanting to put players in bubble wrap in camp and preseason games lol

It’s football, it’s a rough game equivalent to going through a car crash on a weekly basis. Watching games sometimes I’m amazed there aren’t actually more injuries

Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game, but let’s not rip the league for trying to make it safer while also complaining when players get hurt. Would it have been any better if Guice got hurt in week 1 of the regular season? It sucks either way
Very good points. Injuries happen and in some cases there isn't a particular reason or person to blame.

Honestly, one thing the league could do is to increase beyond the current 53 player roster. Owners don't want to do this, because it means more salaries for them to have to pay. But I think more players could help with wear and tear of players, especially during preseason.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.76699 seconds with 10 queries