View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #28
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Re: Great Win, Just 1 Question Thought

Lost in all this is the way the skins were able to move the ball on the iggles-- by the INTERMEDIATE pass. They keyed on the run and the deep ball, and we went over the middle and to the medium dumpoff. I love watching us use the whole playbook. And we did stick to the run. And they had a big run or two called back on, to my mind, rather dubious holding penalties. Rabach held? No way.

As for CP, I'd like to see him get outside a bit more, either directly or by cut-back. They only tossed it to him once, and it was a nice gainer. I'd like to see more mixture there. But that TD run was sweet--great block by Rabach, striaght up the gut and in their face, and then CP gives the ball to his mom. And CP had some nice catches--that sideline play for example--and I thought Brunell missed him a few times when he was open. And he is a better blocker than Betts--he picks up every blitz well, and even handles pretty big guys. That's why the "max protect" works. Finally, running down the fumble was pure heart. You love to see that from your stars--hustle even when things go wrong.

So, of course, I'd love to get more production out of CP. But I am totally happy with having him on our team. And did you hear his comment about how psyched he was that Lavar was out there making plays? That's great--team unity and team leadership. And I like that he dresses up as a maniac every week--he has fun as a player.

But it's wins that matter, not personal stats. If he continues to help this team, in multiple ways, to win games, I will be completely satisfied with Mr. Portis.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04419 seconds with 10 queries