View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #59
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Trading him for a 2nd round pick would make sense from a value standpoint, as JLC said, he's not really an elite guy anymore. But at the same time, we'd have to recognize that trading Moss for a pick would be making the team WORSE in 2009.

It's the kind of move that can pay off in the long run. But trading him would leave us with no WR even remotely proven capable of handling a starting role, let alone a #1 role. We'd easily have the worst WR corps in the league.

If the team made a move like this, it better be coupled with other house-cleaning moves like CC suggested. If you're going to choose the rebuild route, you gotta go all out for it and commit to the youth movement. I'd hate it if Moss were traded and then we went and kept Jason Taylor, something like that would make no sense. We'll see I suppose.
Ironically, the three free agents WRs we had most been associated with last off-season may be available this spring as well-Hackett, B. Johnson, and D. Jackson.

No doubt in my mind though that if they are able to get some 2nd round picks, with Moss being part of the leverage to get those, then you'll definitely hear a lot of buzz about the Redskins offering some package that includes a 1st this year or within the next three for Boldin.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04299 seconds with 10 queries