View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:32 AM   #27
JackLord
Special Teams

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

A very sad time within a sad time ...

Some of my favorite players: Billy Kilmer, Larry Brown, Charlie Taylor, Pete Wysocki (RIP), Art Monk, Riggo, Stephen Davis, Darrell Green, Jack Pardee (RIP), Bobby Mitchell (never saw him play, but he is huge in our history), Sammy Baugh (ditto), Ricky Sanders, and too many others to mention.

Memories- tons. Dexter's hit on Danny White, Darrell Green's punt return/touchdown, Theismann batting down his own pass to prevent an interception, Jay Schroeder coming off the bench to beat the Giants after JT went down, etc.

And I think it was in the NFC championship against the Falcons- Darrell left the field due to injury. When he returned, the camera followed him as he trotted through the tunnel and out to the field. The crowd at RFK roared. It was like watching NFL films in real time.

Saw a fair number of games at both RFK and FedEx. I even braved the Vet twice (the legends are true and maybe understated). Also caught then at the old Giants Stadium 2x (decent fans btw) and once at that center of perdition known as Texas Stadium.

Don't know what the future brings for me and the NFL.

Hail to the Redskins!
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05696 seconds with 10 queries