View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #1481
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The ability to get a team to make a desperate move and overpay is greatest right now than the offseason. We are seeing it happen 3 times in the last week capped today with sanu with a second...completely an over pay. We should at least attempt to make a trade for TW. If we don’t like it, then don’t take it and wait til the offseason. But if it’s a first round plus an additional pick, it would be foolish to turn it down. New England offered a first. Browns call every week? This offseason more players will be available in the draft and free agency at Tackle...it’s economics.

I don’t understand why you want Kerrigan past his prime playing on 11 million for a team going thru a rebuild. You could get a 3rd or 2nd in this market, you take it to continue a rebuild. The only explanation is you want to extend him...past his prime extension that will cost 10 million plus a year? It simply doesn’t make sense. He hasn’t been very good this year.
The only team that we know has offered us a first was new England months ago and i'm sorry, but no way would i take the 31/32 overall for TW at that time. I would imagine they would no longer be willing to give up their first for TW, especially when they just gave up their 2nd for Sanu.

As far as Kerrigan goes, he's not past his prime. He's IN his prime. And you cant build a winning culture without veteran leaders like him on the team. Kerrigan is another player that I think is undervalued in the rest of the league. No one would pay him top dollar. I would expect his extension to be reasonable and relatively team-friendly.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05865 seconds with 10 queries