View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #150
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Bruce is incompetent and can't win games so he tries to win situations, which is not what it's about.

Sure, there's a feeling of not caving and sticking with "principle", but this is ultimately a situation where it probably cost them. The team could have had a first round pick early on in the situation.

Another downside is how much respect and admiration Trent has from his fellow players. While he was ripping BA and the FO a new one in the locker room, in his now infamous interview, his fellow players were yelling "preach" in the back ground. This feeling reinforces the league wide sentiment about how crappy this FO is to deal with.

Third, how much of a benefit is Trent going to be to the team if he stays? I would guess, not that much. Cooley has repeatedly talked about how Gibbs would help players who didn't like their role or the team leave on good terms. I suspect Gibbs knew a team needs committed players who buy into the the organization and philosophy. These jokers are going "bleed" those who disagree to force compliance.

DJ Swearinger is the perfect example. He didn't like the scheme, the club Jay practices, or anything else, but the team kept him in the building despite his vocal, public opposition. A Gibbs led team wouldn't have kept him, and there wouldn't have been a public falling out.

This whole organization is a joke.
I agree with a lot of this. Trent is a respected player around the league and him going to like 8 pro bowls in a row means hes had a lot of time to hang out and get to know the other premier players in the league. Between this, the handling of the Kirk Cousins situation, Bruce not communicating with agents and teams, Bruce being unprepared, Bruce being voted the least trustworthy in the league ...

Gibbs = communication. I really think the players and agents have no idea what is going. Like when D Jax and Garcon were going to be FA, they said their agents havent heard a thing from Bruce. I would guess Scherff's agent is also getting zero communication from Bruce just like Trent's and Cousins's etc

Scot Mc talking with players I didnt think was a bad thing. Players and agents need someone who will at the very least communicate with them. Pick up the phone. Do the bare minimum. Bruce doesnt do shit and thinks letting things play out is the way the league is run in 2019.

You have a HOF anchor LT of your team for the past 8 seasons and he is 31 and on the back end of his contract with no guaranteed money if he gets hurt ... of course he wants an extension or making 2020 guaranteed.

Its 2019 NFL .. thats how the game is played. Show players you have their back. If you cant do right by Trent Williams .. ... what player has given more for this shit show the past 8 seasons?

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05337 seconds with 10 queries