View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Fitzmagic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
In terms of complete teams (with a defense) you may be right. But he's had a lot of offensive talent in his career.

Bucs: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Adam Humphries and DeSean Jackson

Bengals: Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh

Texans: DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Johnson and Arian Foster.

Jets: Robby Anderson, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte.

Titans: Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Delaine Walker

Bills: C.J. Spiller, Chirs Hogan, and Stevie Johnson

I think we have better talent than some of these. But all of his teams have had some really solid talent on offense, but he's never even made the playoffs. When it comes to what he does wrong, general gist is throws too many interceptions and has a problem playing smart with a lead.

Again, I hope that I'm wrong and he lights it up. That said, this is his 17th year in the league, he has never made the playoffs, and he's played for 9 different teams. Good QBs don't bounce around like that. While I woulda liked to give Henicke a chance, I understand wanting a veteran stop gap. I think Fitz will be exciting, but will make us all pull our hair out. I think he probably loses us 2 games with his play, what I can't make a guess at is how many he wins with his gunslinging.
So the main issue is his interceptions, and forcing plays with a lead?

I definitely agree on ints, over his career he basically has been a 1 td vs 1 int guy. I don't know about playing smart with a lead, seems that will be on Turner to manage and make sure the offense doesn't overthink the situations. I am not sure I trust Turner with that either.

All that said, if our defense can protect the lead and bailout even a quarter of the ints, we should see an explosive offense to go with a stifling defense. Looking forward to see it play out that way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.44549 seconds with 10 queries