View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Re: Is Facebook Heading To A Demise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Personally I have never had a Facebook account and if I can help it, I Never Will!

Not to be a 'Tin Foil Hat' guy, but I don't need the world to know about me and what I am doing.

I don't trust Facebook's Priavcy Policies and never will.

I have friends, family and aquantices. And I prefer to keep in touch with them by phone, email, text message, and tools like Google Photos.

I'm also a member of this forum and other forums like this, so I am part of some Social Networking.

The difference is that with this forum and other forums I an remain mostly anonymous, and chose what personal information I decided to share.

Personally my biggest problem with Facebook is it is set up to almost force you to share your personal information.

I just don't like sharing my personal information with total strangers. For example, while I am proud of being having Batchelor Degree, I don't need strangers around the world knowing about it or where I went to college.

Unfortunately the ways things seem to be going, however, it seems that eventually people like me might eventually be forced to join Facebook to simply be a part of any group or community. It also seems that a lot of companies are moving to Facebook. I can see a point in the near future where I might have to have a Facebook account just to order a food delivery (like pizza [emoji487])

Taking to several Millennils it seems that my desire for privacy is odd to them. They seem to have no problem with total strangers knowing about their lives.

Since the Millennils will be the majority soon I gusss is that at some point I will have to Fall In Line and finally join Facebook and Twitter, ect.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I totally get the privacy concerns but do you use a cell phone and credit cards? It's nearly impossible these days to totally protect your info.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04232 seconds with 10 queries