View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #40
KLHJ2
Inactive

Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
What, BBQ sauce and Dijon?

I am on a board that deals with sports logos and uniforms. (Summo is there too)

They like to hate on the Skins' uniforms and name...I really think the over-sensitive PC crowd just hates anything Redskins because those white people are "offended" for Indians who aren't offended themselves. They're always trying to rename the team to the Warriors...or something even dumber.

People say we have outdated uniforms...but I think they're classic...that's why they're unchanged for a while. The color scheme looks GREAT. The striping is consistent (unlike the Giants) and there is no unnecessary/ugly piping like the new Vikings/Bills/Jags/many teams. Our colors match throughout unlike the Cowboys. Better yet, we have not gone the route of adding black for no reason, when it's not part of the team's color scheme, like the Eagles/Lions/Cardinals/49ers (who have removed it to their credit).

Since they added some metallic in the helmets for TV appeal, they look GREAT.

I wouldn't mind some gold pants or changing the yellow-gold to a true gold...but I think we have one of the best, classic yet great-looking uniform sets in the NFL.

Look at the modern crap being churned out by Reebok...the Vikings, Seahawks, Titans, Bills (WORST IN THE NFL), Giants, Jags (helmets are cool but unis are utter poop), Cardinals...be thankful we've stuck with tradition. If Nike ever gets the NFL uniform contract, may God have mercy on our eyes. Pro Combat = Colon Cleansing

I like the Pro Combat uniforms particulary the subdued black (flat black) helmets that VT was wearing the other night.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05889 seconds with 10 queries