View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #66
WillH
The Starter

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Have our primary decision makers been right about the qb position since Bruce Allen has been in the building? I think that was the original point... it’s been a disaster
It has turned out disastrously at times.

McNabb, bad outcome, not a horrible plan, one I believe endorsed by the Superbowl winning head coach. It did not cripple this franchise.

RG3 was THE disaster. The trade was a mistake, a terrible organizational decision. At first, the results were spectacularly good remember. Then the injuries, and then worse than that, the dude turned into an egomaniac (I don't know about you, but to me when drafted he seemed like he had a great head on his shoulders, noone knew how his psyche would play out in the NFL). This is where I agree Danny's meddling showed itself again, but Shanahan shouldn't have let it happen. He should have given a ultimatum the second Danny showed any preference to RG3s desires over the coaches.

Cousins was a steal of a draft pick BTW, and the organization eventually put football guys in a position to make football decisions. Gruden and McCloughan put there foots down and gave Cousins the reigns.

Unfortunately the timing was such that his contract ended at the same time as his breakout year. How many times does paying a QB big money after one good year pan out? So, they made him prove it and the rest is history...

This team has more positive organizational direction since Gibbs 2.0. The injuries masked that this year, but they have learned to build through the draft and smart free agent moves.

Cousins not working out will fucking suck! But I think that's his fault more than theirs at this point. Dude has no loyalty to a fan base that clearly kisses his ass, and a coach that bet his career on him at the beginning, because why? He wants to get paid, he liked the OC that left, and he doesn't like being judged by his record. But the FO should have bet everything HIM after one good season.

Edit: let me back of the final paragraph their a bit. I'll be back to asskissing fanboy if Cousins signs here long-term.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by WillH; 01-20-2018 at 03:00 PM.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04468 seconds with 10 queries