View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #38
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I was listening to some radio talking head but he was more scout oriented, in some way conected to player development in the nfl ..

He liked everything about Haskins but had 2 knocks on him:

Instincts. He said Haskins is football intelligent but doesnt have the instincts the great QBs do. I think I see that, sometimes he holds onto the ball to long looking perhaps to comfortable in the pocket. I try not to judge to much on subjective opinion type analysis but I think you can see that while he is football smart he doesnt have that instinct. However you define "instinct", I dont know.

Inconsistent accuracy. He can be pinpoint accurate on one throw then just miss on another. He said this is something that coaching cant really fix which surprised me bc I think w mechanics and coaching that should be a thing you could improve over time.

Foot work .. goes without saying. Said this is something can be corrected and coached.
Thanks good stuff. I am hopeful that he is someone who has a really, really, high ceiling. I think I see his potential in some of his play but, not being a person who judges that sh** for a living, it could just be wishful thinking.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03967 seconds with 10 queries