View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #290
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: The Playoff Thread

Only watched the games this morning (out last night and sf v GB) started at 01:15 AM here. Got to say I may go 0-4 on predictions this weekend, but I'm not complaining so far, with 2 tight games.

Have to say, I thought the Titans looked different team to their regular season form. They looked lost. And Tannehill, while not the sole cause for the loss, did himself no favours. Their play calling was dubious and at the start and end of the game they were flat as a pancake. Surprising for a Vrabel team, though I can't say I agree wiht hte decision to go for 2; to me, in a close game like that you take the 'easy' point and kick off with a lead. Cincy deserved to win, but had the Titans played 10% better they'd have won that.

I can't see how the 49ers or GB deserved to be in the championship game, let alone the SB, the way they played last night. I wouldn't put that loss on Rodgers; yes he didn't have an outstanding game, but their ST's stank and the D couldn't make a play when it counted. Agree with Baltimore, if their ST coach isn't fired Monday what does it take? 49ers have been lucky 2 games in a row to come up against very good offenses that suddenly misfired. Yes their D is very good, but aside from Kittle and Samuel, their O isn't championship class. Jimmy G yet again carried by everyone around him, instead of the other way around. He was lucky with some of those bad throws; any other day and he'd be looking at a 3 pick stat line, probably with 1 or 2 pick 6's.

Now looking forward to being wrong again and seeing the Buccs and Bills win later.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05169 seconds with 10 queries