View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #70
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Dwayne Haskins preseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You're way, way off the mark in calling us the 2018 Denver Broncos. They were built around their WRs offensively - Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas before he was shipped off, Courtland Sutton. They had shit at RB (Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman) and TE (Jeff Heuerman).

We're built around our backs in Peterson, Guice and Thompson, and our TEs Reed and Davis. We have nothing at WR.

Last year Denver ran the ball 393 times compared to 588 pass attempts, a 40/60 mix. Last year, with only Peterson healthy, we ran it 414 compared to 509 pass attempts, a 45/55 mix. We'll be even more balanced with a healthy line, including a run-blocking focused LT, and a three headed monster at RB.

They're completely fucking different. Sometimes you say shit in a lot of words but it's all completely wrong.
In my opinion, you are either overestimating our players or underestimating Denvers. Guice may be great, but he hasn't been healthy to demonstrate it yet. But he'll be lucky if he ever has a season as good as Lindsey's last year. And I think Freeman is actually better than him.

And I don't understand how you can say my comparison is "Way off" when you then go onto contrast Denvers 40/60 run to pass ratio with our 45/55 ratio. That's only a 5% difference - You're proving my point. But i can't even take credit for it - the comment that made was basically recapping what Cooley said, and I think he knows more than both of us. He could be wrong, but i generally think he knows what he's talking about.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08484 seconds with 10 queries