Thread: Sua Cravens
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Sua Cravens

One player does not a scathing indictment of a gm make. What's the average percentage of draft picks that work out well for a team anyway. Thirdly, the smart consensus is that it takes 3 years to adequately grade draft picks anyways, yet here we are already claiming guys like Preston Smith, Doctson, and Kendall Fuller busts because they didn't start their careers strong? Idc about later round picks because those are crap shoots anyway, go find out the percentage of 4-7th + undrafted players that ended up long term contributors to their original drafting teams anyways, and come back and tell me how common it is for entire draft classes to pan out.

Yes, I agree, this reflects poorly on McCloughan, especially given his speech about drafting guys who love the game. But it's one guy. One draft pick wavering on his commitment. How many picks has McC been responsible for since the 49ers started giving him more control? Let me guess, those picks don't count because they were made by other teams.

His overall body of work still stands up for me, even though you guys have already given up on his draft classes of 15-17. What the fuck does it say that we still use his scouting services, and this year's class still had his footprints all over it, even though they canned him after badmouthing him. Yall motherfuckers clueless. The draft is a crapshoot anyways, has any of you learned anything from watching the NFL anyways? Motherfucking undrafted players end up in the HOF. Yeah, this reflects especially poorly on him. But weak ass knee jerk reactions like this invalidating McC's career work is weak as fuck.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.18624 seconds with 10 queries