View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #33
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
No arguing that point, but often a QB's great college stats can be meaningless due to the fact he is playing on a team that usually has a huge talent edge over opponents. Ohio State had 9 total players drafted and 6 of those were on offense. That number was only exceeded by Alabama having 10. How many USC quarterbacks put up great numbers in college only to fail in the NFL?

The numbers a player puts up in college do not dictate readiness to play in the NFL. Haskins poor footwork and needing work on protecting himself better doesn't need to be done while risking his confidence and health.
I look at each individual player. Haskins was the best player on that Ohio State offense last year. I still go back to you cannot tell me that Colt McCoy and Case Keenum at 0-5 with a lost season have more to gain from playing than Haskins does. Whether he is "ready" or not is poppycock, what rookie is 100% ready? The man needs to learn on the job to see what we have and Miami is the perfect team to do that against. What do we have to lose? Dropping to 0-6?????

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04840 seconds with 10 queries