View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Alex Effect - 2019 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Unless the teams falls off the cliff and loses out, Colt lights it up like Nick Foles, or he decides to retire, the team is going with Alex next year. That doesn't mean that the team cannot draft a young QB to groom behind Alex.

I know people want to write Alex off, but name me another FA QB that has worked out this year? Ironically, Kirk Cousins has gone to a much more talented team, and still has roughly the same record that we have (technically ours is better). Casey Keenum hasn't lit it up in Denver either.

And are people willing to write Alex off after just 10 games? Shit, how many years did we wait for Cousins to make this a winning team? If the team gave Kirk two years are 40+ mil, I'm willing to give Alex more than 10 games.

I'm not justifying or defending Alex's bad performances this year, but what other option do we have?
How do you know? Colt may play well enough to keep the job going into camp. Then you add in a young guy, that leaves Smith in limbo really. His salary dictates that he'll be on the team, but the chances of him being the starter are slim if you ask me.

Also Cousins had never been a full time starter and was much younger. Smith has had several years being a starter and we already know who he is as a player. So the options are Colt, or a rookie who has more of a ceiling than Colt and Smith.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03328 seconds with 10 queries