View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Why I feel there is reason for concern:

Some valid concerns. But at the same time we shouldn't be overly confident if we were 2-0 at this point. But let's look at some of the positives

--The Offensive Line--As you've said Daseal the pass protection has been very impressive. The starters are giving the QB plenty of time in the pocket. I understand that our depth isn't anything to write home about. But realistically, look around the league and how many teams have great depth on the O-Line? It's just not that realistic these days. Sure, if all five starters on the O-line go down we're screwed but that's not so realistic either.

--Mike Sellers--I had wondered if he was just a flash in the pan sensation last year. But he actually might be better now than he was when last season ended. He's been a pleasant surprise

--The Defense--I have no basis for this, but I think Shawn Springs will be back for the Texans game on Sept. 24 (at the latest). When he returns the defensive will be absolutely dominant, until then they'll just have to settle for spectacular. I have zero concerns about our defense. Sure they'll give up an occasional big play, but what defense won't? More often than not though, they'll be the ones making the big stop

--The Quarterbacks--I can't change how you feel about Brunell, Daseal. But you had concerns about him last year too and we did get to the playoffs with him at QB. I understand that his production went down toward the end, but a lot of that (beyond injury) was by choice (to go with Portis) and by need (WRs hurt). But what's really encouraging is that people are saying the Redskins would probably not miss a beat with Campbell in there. He has been very impressive and it's good to know that our season wouldn't end with him in at QB. At least I don't think it would.

I still say 12-4, 13-3 this year.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04201 seconds with 10 queries