View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Smoke Signals: Rock Cartwright needs to get over it edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
1st point: I'm not sure why that would be? Rocks RB skills are no better then the TTB. In other words he has no skills on offense as a RB. All of his knowledge and ability is on ST's which Mason sucks at. He should not feel threatened cause no one has proven they can actually challenge him for the job. I think we can all agree that Portis, Betts, and Cartwright are not the future. Only cause they all are almost 30y/o. They will not be on this team much longer. If your only good at one thing then you better be damn good at the one thing. He should be happy he is. He's never going to be the #1 back of any team. Move on Rock.
Rock will survive. He's the special teams cockroach only more likeable

Quote:
2nd point: Yes he has been steady for several yrs now....like 6 to be exact. He steadily gets us to the 20 or 30yrd line every KR. No further. Unless the other team has a crappy Kicker. I also think it's partly the scheme or blocking.
He consistently makes good decisions, and keeps us away from the goal line.

Quote:
3rd point: I think it all depends on what list your looking at? Yes he was 6th or 7th in total yrds, but if you look at yrds per carry he's tied at 22nd with 25.6 yrds per carry.
I think it was pointed out before, that when you sort the list and get him as 22nd, you are including people with less then a minimum number of returns, like #4 on the list-Reuben Droughns, 1 return, 34 yds. Not really accurate for this discussion. But I would encourage you to sort that list by 40+ yard returns, and then compare his spot, and if you want to look further, look at where his 20+ returns put him with those who are tied for his spot when you sort that way. You might be surprised.

Paraphrasing MattyK Rock has griped before, but when he steps on the field he will give you everything he's got.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04872 seconds with 10 queries