View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #15
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
No Alex Smith and no McLaurin?

Defense is gonna need an effort like the 49ers game. Not necessarily the TDs, but limiting the points and forcing turnover(s).

Alex apparently suffered the worst calf injury of all times, if he still can't go, even in a game with so much on the line. Curious if the leg injury has affected the blood flow to the leg below the injury, which would increase recovery time.
If I am not mistaken, in the "No. 11" project documentary on ESPN, they explained that Alex does not have a normal calf muscle like you or I, but rather they "made" him a calf muscle out of some other parts of his leg. I'm fairly certain that's why without his special brace, he cannot move his ankle because he doesn't have a normal calf muscle. He would have "drop foot" without the brace.

It has to be a bad injury, and I would wonder if Alex may retire in the offseason. His leg was not rolled up on or hit, nor did he plant his foot "weird" like what usually comes with these injuries, but it just seems to be "wear and tear" from playing this year. Hard to imagine him making a whole season with this issue. This could be it for him here.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.55104 seconds with 10 queries