View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #15
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1. He was not terrible at calling plays imo. Our passing scheme I think was top 15. When we had Cousins, DJax, Garcon we had a top 5 offense.

Top 5.

2. Did he ever get to select his DC? I personally dont think he had any say on hiring or firing Haslett or Manunsky.

3. Horrible second half adjustments? Not as easily defensible but if you look at the MASH O line unit we had to roll out year after year, no amount of coaching can make up for an O line of Penn-Flowers-Bergstrom-Wes Martin-Moses. Does he get any credit for coming up with a game plan that gave his over matched team a chance in the first half?

------------------------------------

Jay had to go, he is not head coach material and his time here had run its course. He was a glorified offensive coordinator with Allen/Snyder choosing his coaching staff and players. I think Jay wasnt fired last year bc he was willing to just cede control and take a back seat to Allen/Snyder making decisions.

I personally dont think its fair to lay any criticism at Jay for Manunsky. I think he has 0 say in it.

I really hope Jay identifies key decisions that he had no say in.

You disagree with everything I think made him a bad HC but agree he is not a good HC. Why do you think he wasn’t a good HC than?
For the record i dont know if he had full say on the DC but never read or heard anything saying he didn’t. I completely disagree with ur take on playcalling. Yes we had a good pass offense, but we had a solid quarterback and wr’s and still didn’t win. I remember plenty of questionable calls with that team.
As far as second half adjustments this isn’t just a current issue. It has been an issue the entire time he was here. Good oline or not.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.41913 seconds with 10 queries