View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #12
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Empty seats and fan apathy goes much deeper than wins and losses. The current players and coaches can't be expected to understand how badly fans have been treated at Fedex Field by Dan Snyder and his stooges. There are many formerly rabid Redskins fans who truly hate Dan Snyder for what he has done to them, personally. It goes way back. Here is a portion of an article about such ill-treatment of fans written by Dan Steinberg of the WaPost in 2009:

"And now it's Mike Broderick, a longtime season ticket holder, who came to the Chiefs game with Dumb and Dumber (Snyder and Ceratto) signs, attracting a security official who threatened to seize his season tickets. The guard told Broderick he could either go to the security office, leave the stadium, or hand over the signs. So Broderick asked if he could put the image on a t-shirt instead.

'That would be kind of offensive,' the security official said.

'It's offensive to come to these games,' Broderick said he replied.

Broderick gave up the signs, and came back on Monday Night with new signs hidden under his jacket, and with t-shirts to match. The signs were about to be taken, as NFL Network cameras rolled live, and Broderick showed the security guy the team's old policy, printed in his telephone yellow pages, which he had brought as proof. Policy's been changed, he was told. Eventually, he said, security also made him turn his t-shirt inside-out, calling P.G. cops in for support. He said I could use his name, because his frustration overwhelms any fear of losing his seats.

'I'm to the point where I can't even give the stupid tickets away because people are so frustrated,' he said."

And there has been so much more disrespect and even bullying of fans, as described above in one case, throughout Snyder's tenure as owner. The negative feelings toward Snyder still linger today among some of those who were once among the most rabid of Skins fans but who now won't go to games because of their contempt for the team's owner.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.18873 seconds with 10 queries