View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I can't give you top 10 at RB, but I will give you my #1 strategy for this year, and that's "wait on a QB". I won my league last year drafting Megatron early. I am in a Keeper league and a lot of the good RBs are kept each year so my draft is a little unusual, so other positions get drafted earlier than normal in my league, but I think getting good RBs and WRs early is key this year. Now that there are RG3s and Russell Wilsons and Cam Newtons, the drop in stats is not that big from the top 3 or 4 QBs to the next tier. Yes, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning are studs, but at some point one of these young guys with their rushing stats are going to overtake the top 3 guys or at least make the stat discrepency between the top and the next tier not as great. However, I had Megatron AND A.J Green last year and that consistency each week helped me win my championship. My RBs were Lynch (keeper) Ridley, and McGahee, (later Moreno). I drafted Peyton Manning in round 4 with his question marks and it paid off. I think Brady's stats drop off this year and even with Welker joining Manning, is hard to see him improving. Maybe he will, but I think there are some young QBs with more upside.
My absolute biggest mistake in my leagues last year was ignoring the QB position (second was drafting Macfadden in 2 leagues). I usually use your strategy.

My #1 rule is never take a QB first round.

2nd is dont take injury prone players which I broke with taking D-MC twice. I just thought after his dominant preseason he was going to have his best year...big time wrong and he got injuried again. So even though I love Percey Harvin as a player...you wont see him on any of my teams.

3rd rule is always draft a Kicker in the last round.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04663 seconds with 10 queries