View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #1049
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Only if you want the ultimate edition. Madden is normally never an issue, unlike FIFA and NHL.
Does FIFA still have supply problems these days? I was going to say when I saw OTM asking about the need to pre order I was going to bring up a 'back in my day' story about Fifa. Though NHL is pretty much the only EA Sports game I buy annually these days (since 2009). I don't think I've bought it on day one from a brick and mortar store in a couple years as NHL 12 is the last physical disc I own of the series and I probably preordered it.

Regardless I'm better then all of you guys cuz I'm like 95% digital these days so I don't have all these second world problems you speak of

Of course the sad part of that is that I think the reason I love digital distribution, even on consoles, is that I'm to lazy to get up and walk the 6 feet to my system to change a disc. I was buying digital even before PSN and the X-Box store caught on to the Steam craze and started discounting games (though PSN has been providing free games to PS Plus members for what feels like 2 years now, provided of course your membership was active).

Still it use to be pretty nerve racking to see companies like EA complain about used games and then you'd check the price of Madden 12 on PSN a month before Madden 13 comes out and its $59.99. Heck I could have sworn I caught a few times where EA Sports games that had been replaced by a newer edition were still full price on PSN and Microsoft.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-26-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.09815 seconds with 10 queries