View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #51
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So a man ,6'4 300 ,reaches into a police car and struggles with the Police Officer for his gun(there is no question about this) and proof that the gun was fired in the car (no question) you think there "might be a legitimate fear" for his life ?My question to you is if the cop was dead would you care or would you be talking about this right now .You say you don't trust eyewitness accounts all but one pretty much match the "physical evidence" ,do you trust that ?
the lethal force was used when mike brown was 100 to 150 yards (or feet?) away.

if a person has a stick, an officer gets "in fear of their life" and kills the stick holder with 15 shots.

is a black guy holding a stick objectively more dangerous than a white guy?

the stats say overwhelmingly yes when we know common sense says it should absolutely not matter.

but race does matter in this country with all races contributing to the problem. with all races also contributing to trying to make a positive change.

from what little i know of this particular incident, i dont think the office should have been indicted. in a confrontational situation, i dont know how i would react and dont want to play judge and think i would be calm and rational. of course i havent been trained to handle high stress confrontations and how to use a hand gun and dont get paid good money to do so day-in-day-out but .. .

imo the protests arent necessarily about the facts of mike brown but the alarming statistic of black men/teens killed by police officers.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05143 seconds with 10 queries