Thread: Sua Cravens
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #251
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Sua Cravens

I just read that entire piece. It was well done, and I admire how the author respected Cravens enough to keep the incident with his family a secret.

I still come away blaming Cravens, not the front office or the team. In football, culture is extremely important. I would want my team to be accountable to each other and responsible enough and mature enough to handle their business and communicate better than Su'a communicated. As you read through this long piece, it's clear Su'a feels like he didn't have a good feel for what was expected of him, and clearly never went through the effort to make sure his position was properly communicated.

I can't have that in my locker room. Guys have to be able to handle their injuries and do not just what's expected, but do everything humanly possible to get back on the field. Su'a didn't - he constantly played the victim.

There are no victims on championship teams, only players that make things happen. You don't see any players who sit back and wait for things to happen to them. Make hay or get out the way.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.15945 seconds with 10 queries